Advertising is an important step to building your website. When it comes to advertising, the most important thing is to target your audience and maximize your results by keeping your costs down in the meantime. If you’re new in the online business, but even if you have had previous experiences for many years, you can still find some very useful free advertising ideas resources that are free. Some of these ideas can be applied straight away today, but some others take time planning, but at the end they all revolve around one thing, save you as much money as possible.
When you want to promote your site, blog or any online business, you don’t always need to have a large advertising budget. In fact, there are many various free ways to advertise. Let’s look now at 10 of the best and most efficient free advertising ideas that you can start using from today.
- Start by using a signature in all your emails. You can link to your website by using anchor text. This will make every email you are sending out a potential advertisement for your site or business.
- Submit and list your website to the top free online directories. There are many of these online, most of them are free, you should select the one with the best ranking and traffic. This will also help your website to rank better with the search engines.
- Blast out free press releases. There are many free press release services that will submit your own press release for free.
- Advertise your business by using free classifieds ads. Craigslist is now by far the most popular of them, but there are many others as well.
- Join relevant discussion forums. Include your website in your forum signature. This will help you to connect with other people in your industry and get them to visit your site.
- Publish your articles on article directories like Ezinearticles.com. This is free and can also get you traffic and good backlinks. If your articles are good, they may also be re-published by other blogs and websites, so that way you will be getting even more publicity.
- Create promotional videos and upload them on YouTube and any other video sharing sites. You can make these videos for free by using your own webcam, and with Powerpoint or by using some free video editing program.
- Get yourself some free business cards printed up for you by using a service like VistaPrint. Write down all your contact info on it, including your website URL. Then hand them out all over, at any opportunity.
- Build a free blog about your business or website on sites like WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or Tumblr.com. This will allow you to broadcast your message to a wider audience. Try to Update your blog quite frequently.
- Now you need a Facebook page. This page should be separate from your own private page, and it gives you a chance to talk about your business globally and will get more people to follow your website.
Word of mouth is also an excellent advertising method, but the downside is that it’s very slow, and most of the time it’s almost non-existent for new businesses in general. When it’s time for you to grow your customer base, and you want to do it quickly, the best way and the only one you have is to do advertise.
This collection of free advertising ideas presents many advantages as they have been all tried by many businesses and websites with limited budget or not. They are the best ways to reach your target market in an efficient way and also attract some new customers.